SoundBetter is my go-to platform when it comes to hiring studio musicians and singers. Now, you can get up to $20 discount with this SoundBetter referral code for your first project if you sign up through my referral link.
Even though there are some flaws with the platform, at the moment, there is no better option than SoundBetter in my humble opinion. Not only do they have the biggest network of professional musicians & singers but SoundBetter acting as a trustee between you and the contractor makes it also super safe. If you are not happy and cannot work things out with the contractor, SoundBetter will always find a solution that is the fairest for both sides from an outside point of view.
Register through this link:
There are some terms for this SoundBetter referral code that you should know about:
First of all the first project transaction has to be at least $150. Secondly, the actual discount is 8% and is capped at $20. Therefore, you need to do a project transaction of at least $250 if you want to benefit from the full $20 discount.
Thirdly, you have to do the first project transaction latest 30 days after signing up.
SoundBetter Reviews & Experiences
I have been a SoundBetter provider for quite a few years now. I have also been a premium provider on that website but I stopped that because my schedule became too busy and I couldn’t keep up with the requests I received.
Even though their Trustpilot reviews are very average to say the least, I cannot say that I ever had any problems with the platform. I have worked both as a provider and a client (with singers and other studio musicians) and rarely had any issues. I thought that the SoundBetter support was pretty good and they always tried to find the best solution for all parties involved for the few cases I had some problems respectively couldn’t agree with a client or provider.
Just make sure to choose a provider that has good reviews and seems reliable and maybe has a good name outside of SoundBetter as well. Then I don’t think the risk is high of being disappointed in the end.
My Personal Provider Recommendations
Ok, here are the musicians I have worked with for various projects. I have made good experiences with all of them and can highly recommend working with them:
- Chloe Kay – Female singer (got her to record a song that I wrote with Sarah Russell)
- Day – R’n’B singer & rapper (got him to record a vocal for a mainstream tune. We gave him a Splice vocal reference)
- Brandon Chase – Male singer (I did a track outside of SoundBetter with him. He is super talented and definitely an insider tip)
- Eric Lumiere – Male singer (I have worked with him outside of SoundBetter but he is one of the most down-to-earth guys ever. Can highly recommend working with him!)
- Brandon J. Bagby – Guitarist (extremely talented guitarist that has worked with Plumb amongst others in the past. He did the guitars in my track “Driving Through The Dark” wit Betsie Larkin & Liuck)
- Nate Raubenheimer – Mixing Engineer (also known as Protoculture and Shadow Chronicles. Good friend of mine and a very talented engineer and producer. Very helpful and will go the extra mile)
- Klaas Gerling – Mixing Engineer (I haven’t worked with Klaas directly as a client to provider but we used to be label mates many years ago and I know how knowledgeable he is in terms of mixing & mastering)
Conclusion – SoundBetter Referral Code
The $20 discount seems like a no brainer to me. Most musicians will ask for at least $150 anyway, so this is free money basically. Maybe you want to use the coupon for one of my services such as my Mixing & Mastering service? That way we would kill two birds with one stone. 🙂